Dabblewriter Strategy for creating ebooks
If you have a series of blog posts about your ancestors, here is an easy way to turn them into an eBook.
1. Subscribe to DabbleWriter as your writing tool
2. Create a Manuscript for your family ancestors
3. Create a collection of Chapters in the Manuscript.
4. Access your blog posts one by one and copy the content
5. Paste the content into your Chapters
6. Revise, edit and proofread your manuscript
7. Organise and order the chapters sequentially
8. Export the manuscript as a Word Document or Google Doc.
Don’t be misled by the heading on Dabble ‘Fiction Writing for Real People’, you can use it to write your factual family histories too.
I plan and plot my ancestral stories using Chapters in DabbleWriter, its like Scrivener minus the learning curve.
- Write anywhere, anytime
- Online and offline
- Always autosaved
- Easily organized
- Focus mode and goal tracking
Dabble has loads of features, a community, and its own university. Take a look at all these here: https://www.dabblewriter.com/
Want to view some video tutorials on how to use DabbleWriter for writing your ancestral stories? Try this one from my YouTube Channel:
DabbleWriter for Genealogists
Want to learn more about DabbleWriter for Ancestral Storytelling?
Try this course from my Academy:
The following learning objectives will suit the busy genealogist who wishes to write ancestral stories smartly:
- Setup your Manuscripts, Books, Chapters, and more
- Master the art of crafting stories in DabbleWriter
- Create a library collection of ancestral stories in the cloud.
A special offer for my blog followers this month is a 30% discount if you use this coupon code coach2022. But be quick as there are only 10 of these coupons on offer.
The six-module course is self-paced containing 39 lessons, and bonus lessons added during the year.
If you are planning to write up your next family history book during NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) then consider using DabbleWriter. Dabble will enable you to connect your writing goal of 50,000 words in 30 days with the NaNoWriMo program and keep you on track. The goal tool displays your daily word goal to meet your overall goal and rewards you each time you reach your goal.
I am really excited about the latest challenge offered from within the Dabble Community:
To be a part of this challenge all you need to do is sign up to Dabble and join the Community and then register for participation in the ‘Write a Novel with Dabble in 60 days’ challenge.