Are you looking for that essential ‘guide on the side’? A tool that will help you unravel all the mystique of your Pathways Experience, and lead you to a new confidence level in learning online.
Perhaps you’re an independent learner and you want to master your online learning for yourself. Or you are VP Education looking for tools that will help you to guide a new member through Pathways. Then this new Learner Guide will be ideal for you.
This Learner Guide (Edition 1) is in draft mode throughout March and you are invited to take a sneak peak and give some feedback to the developers at D73 Team Pathways.
Here we uncover the basics for Preparing your Computer, Preparing yourself for Online Learning and taking easy steps in Base Camp. The Learner Guide is sprinkled with Tips on how to help yourself when you are stuck. Later editions will include a Help Desk for Base Camp Managers and Video Tutorials for just-in-time training.
Ten Steps for walking the Path
Advice for those new members at beginner level or those just starting on Pathways:
- Know your goals for short and long term
- Choose a Path to match your goals
- Review introductory material in the online New Navigator or print version and get familiar with the Toastmasters.org website
- Request a mentor or seek help from others
- Prepare your computer or order Printed Path
- Prepare yourself and time for learning – master the navigation in Base Camp and access curriculum and learning materials for your Projects
- Attend meetings and participate
- Join discussion groups for social collaborative learning (preferably club based)
- Plan, prepare, request and deliver speeches
- Focus on self improvement strategies given as feedback from your Evaluator
All these and more are included and expanded in the new D73 Pathways Learner Guide available here!
The Pathways Orientation, Learner Guide and BCM Help Desk will soon be incorporated into the D73 website! For now they are in a dynamic Google site. Your feedback and comments are welcomed.
D73 Team Pathways are supported in this endeavour by our District Trio and the Division Directors across the states of Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania.
Contact the team: email@example.com
New Member Pathways Kit
Essential PDFs for downloading and storing. Printable copies are recommended for inclusion in your New Member Pathways Kit.